[rkward-devel] RKTeaching [was: Usability: Reading CSV]

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sat Oct 10 18:20:58 UTC 2015

hi,

Am Samstag, 10. Oktober 2015, 16:29:08 schrieb Alfredo Sánchez Alberca:
> > > before we start with the actual i18n, i'd like to write an rkwarddev
> > > script for each dialog which can then be used as a flexible base to
> > > go on. it tested this with a first dialog and it took me only a few
> > > minutes to get to a working copy of the original dialog (including
> > > the original javascript code, though).
> >
> > Not trying to stop your enthusiasm, here, and might be worth-while in
> > the longer term. But are you sure this isn't a distraction, right now?
> > At least I don't see how it would help us with i18n / switch to
> > English? (And neither how switching to English /w i18n, first could
> > get in the way of switching to rkwarddev, later?)
>
> I can't help with this as I have no experience with rkwarddev. However I'd
> like to get a rwarddev script for every dialog eventually, although this is
> not urgent to me.

my main intention here was to first make sure the dialogs are all
syntactically checked before we start translating. if the scripting process
later leads to changes in the resulting plugin files, wouldn't the *.pot files
also change and need to be fixed?

i'm not sure if its more comfortable to translate the spanish strings in the
xml/js/rkh/pluginmap files or in one single script file containig all of the
plugin, to get to the english base version. diffs are no problem, as we'd
later have the spanish script and the english translated one.

i'm also interested the other way round: this is a great opportunity to spot
problems in rkwarddev, too.

since we're not in a hurry (alfredo mentioned he's busy until christmas) it
shouldn't hurt to try this and see if it's really as easy as i thing it should
be. ok?