[rkward-devel] Position of Data picker target

jan d_jan at ymail.com
Sat Oct 3 22:06:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

Sorry, in brief: I think the problem of mentally/visually connecting the
target to the list of possible elements exists, but my suggested
solutions don’t make much sense (except the coherent positioning), I see.

> I'm afraid I can't quite picture what you mean, or how it would help.
> Perhaps I'm looking at different dialogs...

What I meant with incoherent positioning were probably the dialogs for
plots like
- Barplot (in which the grouping factors are on top, but the frame these
factors concern are at the bottom(?))
- Pareto (same layout as barplot)
- Boxplot (some options on top)

(Now discarded) Solution:
A line does not make much sense, cause some of the picker targets are
not/can’t be on top, as you say,
> except:
>  - If a selection is only needed subject to certain other settings, the

So for now it may make sense to change the plot dialogues, but otherwise
I need to make up my mind about a solution that actually solves the
problem so leave it like it is :)

Kind Regards,
 Jan