[rkward-devel] crash

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon May 4 08:33:42 UTC 2015

Hi!

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 23:02:59 +0200
Antonio Dellagiulia <antonio.dellagiulia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm Antonio Dellagiulia lecturer from Salesian University in Rome.
> When I start Kward (installed on a USB) the program crash with the
> following message:
> What can I do? I've also the same problem with the programme
> installed in the PC .

sorry about the late response. My first guess is that you are running
rkward.frontend.exe ("rkward.frontend", if extensions are hidden),
directly, rather than "rkward.exe". Always use the latter to start
RKWard.

Possibly, if you have updated your installation using the custom
installer, you may still have "rkward.bat" in your installation folder.
Don't use this with RKWard 0.6.3. Just delete it.

If neither of this is the cause of the problem, we need more info to
help you (or to diagnose the bug). For starters:

1. What's your version of Windows?
2. What's your version of RKWard, and how exactly did you install it?
2b. If you used the custom installer, what are your versions of KDE and
R?
3. Open a command line, run
  cd c:\Somewhere\RKWard
  KDE\bin\rkward.exe --debug-level 4