[rkward-devel] rkward crash

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Jan 28 19:32:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:34:05 +0100
meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Januar 2015, 09:49:55 schrieb Thomas
> Friedrichsmeier:
> > BTW, Meik, are Mac bundles buildable, again?
>
> yes, it does build. however, most plugins are not available -- RKWard
> claims that all built-in plugins are broken and do not work with this
> version of RKWard, it's impossible to activate them. this might be
> due to old relicts from previous installations -- i will purge
> everything and build from scratch (all KDE and stuff) to be sure.

well, you could first check to see, RKWard is actually using the
pluginmaps it is supposed to use (rather than older versions). In the
pluginmap-management dialog, mouse over a pluginmap to see its
file-path.

Actually, though, RKWard is now supposed to always scan for
pluginmaps in the main installation, when a new version is started
for the first time. Something may be wrong
in that mechanism... It will still be interesting to know just _where_
RKWard is taking these pluginmaps from.

> but one thing that could be improved is the order of plugins. i think
> it's safe to load build-in plugins first by default, at least
> initially. otherwise, you might end up with a messed up menu bar
> because the menu structure is not defined early enough.

It is now possible to avoid this by using

   <require map="rkward::rkward_menu_hierarchy"/>

which should define the menu names and order, whether or not the
"official" plugins are activated. On second thought, I'll change this
to be:

   <require map="rkward::menu"/>