[rkward-devel] Mac bundle (was: Re: rkward crash)

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Feb 1 11:14:29 UTC 2015

hi,

Am Samstag, 31. Januar 2015, 20:53:18 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > On Wed, 28 Jan 2015 16:34:05 +0100
> > meik michalke <Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de> wrote:
> > > i will purge everything and build from scratch (all KDE and stuff) to be
> > > sure.
>
> Well, as far as I can see, that went through. Connecting to the Mac via
> VNC is still a desperate measure, so: Did this work?

i'll check tomorrow. i let the compier run over the weekend. [and yes, remote
control in OS X is definitely one of the weak points in its design; despite
the UNIX heritage, the system is clearly unfit for multi-user scenarios just
like this. that is, as long as you're not a secret service, i guess ;-)]

> I poked around some files from the command line, and my current guess
> is that it did not work, because "all.pluginmap" (now obsolete) was
> still active. This is supposed to be deactivated automatically, but
> apparently it wasn't.

hm, where does it come from, if the build was done with recent git sources?
did my portfile changes fail? is this really the development version? for a
clean build i remove /opt/rkward completely, so there's no chance this could
be left over from a previous installation.