import file selection dialog filetype filtering

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Dec 31 21:33:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 08:12:37 +0000 (UTC)
Jan Wort <d_jan at ymail.com> wrote:
> Some time ago we improved the import dialog so that we select the
> filetype directly in the menu. I wonder if there are/were any
> specific reasons why the select-file dialog called from the following
> import-file-window does not filter for the selected filetype? (thanks
> to the new structure the filetype is already determined)

AFAIR, the reasoning was essentially (although defeated by quirks), that
in the "old structure" you would either use the "generic" dialog to
select by file extension, _or_ of the "specific" dialog, directly, in
case of "unusual" needs, such as atypical file extension.

Either way. Fixed, now. Thanks for pointing it out.