[rkward-devel] Upcoming release 0.6.4 - Call for testing

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Thu Dec 3 19:19:42 UTC 2015

Hi!

We are getting ready to release RKWard 0.6.4 to the public, and as
usual, I would like to ask your help in finding the last few rough
edges that we should take care of.

Once again, we'll try to make do with a rather short testing period,
and so I'd like to ask you to provide feedback by December 14 (the
earlier the better). Naturally, if anything important comes up, the
testing period will be extended as necessary. More details and download
links at https://rkward.kde.org/Release_Schedule .

Key new features to look out for, are:
- The integrated HTML window (also used for the "Output Window") has
  been changed to be based on the Qt webkit engine. This is partly in
  preparation for the port to "KDE 5", but should hopefully also
  address some issues with drag-and-drop of images or text from the
  output window to e.g. a word processor.
- With the help of usability expert Jan Dittrich, we addressed some of
  the more important points of confusion: The "Worksapce browser" has
  been re-designed (and also gained search-functionality), the
  "optionset" element used in some plugins has been reworked to be much
  more intuitive, but also the CVS import plugin has seen further
  improvements in usability, and many small problems have been fixed
  across the board.

--- Translators ---

As a last reminder: We are hosted on KDE.org since version 0.6.3, and
translations are managed, there. Your existing translations files
should have been imported. If you have not done so, yet, get in touch
with your KDE language team (http://l10n.kde.org/teams-list.php).

This also means that calls for translations are no longer sent to this
list! https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-i18n-doc is the list
for this, now.

Thanks!