[rkward-devel] feedback needed: future OS X releases of RKWard

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Aug 26 14:46:30 UTC 2015

hi,

Am Mittwoch, 26. August 2015, 08:19:22 schrieb Aaron Batty:
> Hi all; sorry I've been incommunicado lately. I'm very busy with research
> and organizing a conference (Which, thankfully, ended on Monday!).

no need to apologize -- nice to have you back.

> I, personally, have refused to upgrade to 10.10, because of the pain the
> last few upgrades have been, with no real benefit to any actual, living
> human beings (e.g., why would I want to answer my phone on my computer?).

the main reason might be that apple is only supportig so many versions with
updates (seems to be the last two versions before the most recent one), so
from a security standpoint one should at least run one of those.

especially for us who are building packages for others, an upgrade is
inevitable.

> I guess the upshot is this: It probably makes sense to drop pre-10.10
> support, because just about every Mac user dutifully runs his/her entire
> computer through the chipper-shredder every fall for the newest insult from
> Cupertino.

well described ;-)

> And I guess I will have to upgrade.

it's probably better to switch directly to 10.10 then, as long as it's
available, and be goot until 10.13?