[rkward-devel] feedback needed: future OS X releases of RKWard

Aaron Batty abatty at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Tue Aug 25 23:19:22 UTC 2015

Hi all; sorry I've been incommunicado lately. I'm very busy with research
and organizing a conference (Which, thankfully, ended on Monday!).

This is a very, very difficult question for me, as I ramp up to teach my
class with RKWard starting in a few weeks. The overwhelming majority of my
students are on Macs, as a major focus of our department is web
development. I, too, am on the Mac.

But.

I, personally, have refused to upgrade to 10.10, because of the pain the
last few upgrades have been, with no real benefit to any actual, living
human beings (e.g., why would I want to answer my phone on my computer?).

I guess the upshot is this: It probably makes sense to drop pre-10.10
support, because just about every Mac user dutifully runs his/her entire
computer through the chipper-shredder every fall for the newest insult from
Cupertino. This fall, we will see most people install 10.11 and relinquish
their right to root as well. Such is life.

And I guess I will have to upgrade.