[rkward-devel] i18n of plugins in rkwarddev

meik michalke meik.michalke at hhu.de
Sun Sep 7 21:23:56 UTC 2014

Am Sonntag, 7. September 2014, 18:41:10 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > Here's a first idea for the process:
> > - hide the localized pluginmaps in a subdirectory
> > - these files would follow some specific naming convention. Easiest would
> > be to have the lanuage code either at the start or at the end of the
> > filename. - English version (or default language version) will not
> > include the language code in the filename.
> > - add one top-level .pluginmap, which includes the proper localized
> > version
> >
> > as follows:
> >   <require localized="true" file="po/xyz.pluginmap"/>
> >
> > - RKWard looks for files matching that name, and loads the one matching
> > the
> > current language, if available, or the default one.
> > - Earlier versions of RKWard will simply overlook the
> > "localized"-attribute
> > and thus load the default language .pluginmap, as before.
>
> Ok, this is now an undocumented (and untested) feature in the development
> version. The localized versions should be called e.g.:
>
> de_DE.mystuff.pluginmap
> or
> de.mystuff.pluginmap

awesome! i'll patch the new name scheme into the package as soon as possible
to test this. it's also awesome to sense a little life again in the project.
perhaps we should rename the software to Rsome ;-)

  heinrich-heine-universit"at
  geb"aude 23.03.00.26         |  tel +49 (0)211 8113498
  d-40204 d"usseldorf          |  fax +49 (0)211 8111753