[rkward-devel] Endless errors starting up org.freedesktop.dbus-system on OSX

Aaron Batty abatty at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Thu Oct 16 10:38:12 UTC 2014

> 1. Totally ignorant question: Where would I find those logs?

To see them in realtime, start up Console.app, which I believe is in the
/Applications/Utilities folder by default. The actual file is at

/private/var/log/system.log

> 2. Question: Only while RKWard is running, or all the time?

All the time.

> Question: Did you run this, or a similar command on the Macs where RKWard
> is
> installed? Our troubleshooting instructions mention that this _might_ be
> needed, but no idea, whether that is the "normal" case.

Nope. I've been using the packaged installer ever since you guys rolled it
up. And this is on all 3 of my Macs. I haven't done any Terminal work since
the old days when we were installing with MacPorts.

> Question: Do you see a dbus-daemon process in your process list?

Yup. Running as my user.

> Perhaps checking
>   launchctl list
> reveals anything helpful?

I don't really know enough about what's going on with KDE to know what's
"helpful" or not, but here are the things I see that are clearly
KDE/RKWard-related (I shut RKWard down before running this):

.
.
.
27528    -    0x7f987b2404a0.anonymous.klauncher
27526    -    0x7f9879e069e0.anonymous.kdeinit4
.
.
.
27522    -    org.freedesktop.dbus-session

Again, everything seems to work fine; it just tries and fails to run that
every 10 seconds.