[rkward-devel] [rkward-cvs] SF.net SVN: rkward-code:[4897] trunk/rkward/packages/rkwarddev

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Oct 13 10:37:16 UTC 2014

Hi!

On Monday 13 October 2014 10:30:04 meik michalke wrote:
> > Anyway, I looked at the skeleton dialog. The optionset there seemed to do
> > exactly what it is meant to do.
>
> ahhh, ok, now i get it... you have to *first* add an item and *then* write
> the text. intuitively, i always tried the other way around. i thought it
> didn't work becuase i never saw any items appear. can this be made clearer
> somehow?

Hm, dunno. Making it possible to label the "+"-Button "add dependency"/"create
dependency"?

I had thought about designing the optionset the other way around, too, i.e.
you'd first write the text, then add it. However, for elements like radio
buttons, checkboxes, etc. it would be rather non-obvious, whether the current
settings are already "committed". Thus the policy: If it's enabled, it is
active. (Also when going back and changing settings in an existing row of the
set: you don't have to "commit" these).

Now, <optionset>s with a _minimum_ requirement of one row already start out
with one row. But for sets that can be empty, we're hitting the same problems,
again.

Further ideas?

--

Just for completeness: Yet another option in this particular use-case would be
combining a text <input> with the new <valueslot multi="true"