[rkward-devel] Moving to KDE.org

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 7 16:29:21 UTC 2014

Hi Jeremy (and Nicolás),

On Thursday 06 November 2014 15:28:10 Jeremy Whiting wrote:
> Once a conversion is ran, we push to git scratch space on git.kde.org
> so the conversion can be reviewed by anyone interested to make sure we
> got all history and branches/tags, etc. look ok. It should be pretty
> straightforward to filter out any branches into separate git
> repositories or whatnot if wanted. Then after the git repos look ok we
> can ask sysadmin to create a real git repo for them and push to there.

[...]

> Hope that information helps. Let me know if you need any help in rule
> writing, running a conversion, or whatnot.

Thanks for your advice!

Our current repo is rsyncable from
  rsync -av svn.code.sf.net::p/rkward/code rkwardsvn

I have set up an intial ruleset:
http://sourceforge.net/p/rkward/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/rkward/scripts/svn2git_rules?format=raw

(I'm not uploading the authors map, but can send it to you in PM, if needed).
That seems to work quite fine for the most part. However when trying to push
to a scratch repo for testing, I get:

> Initialized empty Git repository in
> /srv/git/repositories/scratch/tfry/rkward-svn-import.git/
[...]
> remote: Audit failure - Commit 058e6c58f7ee889da7969199db54a5080da97f14 -
> End of Line Style (non-Unix): rkward/qwinhost/LGPL_EXCEPTION.txt
[several of those]
> remote: Audit failure - Commit 1b144edd6dd9ffdcbcf1d73cebf199041fe66ec4 -
> Invalid filename: admin/acinclude.m4.in.orig
[several of those, too]
[...]
> remote: Push declined - commits failed audit
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/master
> To git at git.kde.org:scratch/tfry/rkward-svn-import
> ! [remote rejected] master -> master (hook declined)

Alright. These problems are fixed at HEAD, but how do I get the old - bad -
commits in?