[rkward-devel] problem with rkward native graphic device

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Nov 7 16:09:31 UTC 2014

Hi!

On Friday 07 November 2014 15:47:50 Kostas Katselidis wrote:
> please find below a detailed report on a problem that I encountered while I
> was working with RKWard.

Thanks for your detailed report.

> Hopefully, it is not something very serious.

I have trouble compiling rgdal on my system, so I cannot reproduce, but it
appears the problem is that the RKWard native device does not implement
"polyPath()". That omission was simply an oversight. Should not be
too hard to add. I'll give it high priority.

Meanwhile, the advice on this problem seems to be to plot using
  plot (countries, usePolypath=FALSE)
. See http://r-sig-geo.2731867.n2.nabble.com/New-use-of-polypath-in-package-sp-causing-a-problem-td7580716.html .

Please let us know, whether that works for the time being.