[rkward-devel] Error code 1073741511

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 27 17:42:04 UTC 2014

Hi Belén,

On Tuesday 27 May 2014 12:28:12 Belén Vicente wrote:
> Thank you a lot for your fast answer.
>
> I already installed it in C:\RKWard and run rkward.bat, and the error is
> the same.
>
> But I got some new information: when I close rkward program it says that
> doens't know
> c:/windows/users/belen/appdata/roaming/.kde/share/apps/rkward
>
> However the directory is there and with the same path

this message is harmless.

> Any suggestion?

Have you been using R on this machine, previously? My next best guess is that
R is trying to load an .RProfile-file (probably from c:/windows/users/belen/),
and this profile produces an error. The current release of RKWard does not
handle this, as it should, yet. Try moving and .RProfile files out of the way.
Start up a terminal session of R, and look out for any error messages during
startup.

If this does not help, start RKWard from the command line as
  c:\RKWard\KDE\bin\rkward.bat --debug-level 5

Ignore the message about the broken backend, and go to Settings->Configure
RKWard->Debug. Note the path given near the bottom of that Window. Locate it
in Explorer, zip up the latest pair of rkward.rbackend.XYZ and
rkward.frontend.XYZ files and post them. With a bit of luck these will contain
some useful hints for us.