[rkward-devel] Wiki about to migrate

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue May 27 10:23:45 UTC 2014

Hi!

SF has announced they will shut down their so-called "Hosted Apps" in about
three weeks. This includes our current MediaWiki installation, so we have to
migrate our wiki (to a custom installation in our SF web space).

I'm mostly done with that, but our landing page is still pointing to the old
installation, until I'm confident that everything is working, properly. To see
the new wiki, go to
  http://rkward.sf.net/wiki/

If you want to make any edits to the wiki, please make sure to do so in the
new installation, not (only) the old one.

Some problems:
- Performance is still rather dicey, but this seems to be - at least to some
degree - a problem that comes up specifically after touching parts of the
installation itself.  I _hope_ this will stabilize within the next few days.
- Unfortunately, it seems that there will be no proper redirects from the old
wiki pages to the new wiki pages. Links pointing to pages in the old wiki will
apparently be redirected to the main page.
- No https-support. Make extra sure not to be using a sensitive password.

Well, these don't really make me happy, but I don't see any good alternative
solution, either. Thoughts?

Editing the wiki:
If you have previously edited the wiki, your account will have been migrated.
See http://rkward.sourceforge.net/wiki/Special:ListUsers . To access your
existing account, use the password reminder feature. This should send a new
password to your @users.sf.net mail address. In the new installation, your
account will be independent from you sf account.

If you have not edited the wiki, before, write to this list to have an account
created for you. This is for fear of getting spammed (almost a certainty) and
not having the ressources to clean up in a timely manner.

All wiki users with admin rights can create new accounts like this:
1. Go to http://rkward.sf.net/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&type=signup
2. Fill in account name and email, leave the password-field blank, and click
"By e-mail".