[rkward-devel] RKWard problem

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Mar 16 12:14:29 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

On Sunday 16 March 2014 21:50:55 Peter Mayer wrote:
> 	It took forever to delete the old version (I should have restarted;
> there were some processes running which I only found at the very end).
> 	When I restarted RKWard.exe, the IDE opened without a hitch and I could
> open an existing file, display the data, etc.!  So: tomorrow I may be
> able to try to use RKWard to do some work!!

great! Ignore my other mail, then.

> Thank you again for all your patience.  Oh!  One question: what is the
> 'orthodox' pronunciation of RKWard? (I find myself using something which
> sounds like 'awkward'...)

Well, hrrm, I admit, that's what I had in mind when I made up the name some 12
years ago. You will not be the first to point out that this is neither a
terribly clever wordplay, nor terribly clever marketing. On the upside,
"awkward" is clearly an awkward name, and I've always liked self-referential
stuff.

It's perfectly ok to pronouce RKWard as "arc-ward", or in any other way you
like, though. (And back then, my very first idea was "ark", but that name had
already been taken).