[rkward-devel] RKWard problem

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 14 10:48:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Friday 14 March 2014 20:55:54 Peter Mayer wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
>      Thanks for your prompt reply.  I decided to cancel my original post
> and try to download the KDE package to see if that 'helped'. But the
> result was the same.
>        rkward.bat works. The window showed: Initializing KDE/Starting
> RKWard.  (That window is still open).
>      RKWard started up as before, with the same  "Backend process has
> exited with code 1073741515...", so I'm not sure if that is a problem or
> not.

hm. That result is to be expected when running rkward.frontend.exe, directly.
But both rkward.bat and rkward.exe _should_ work.

These are just guesses, but:
1) Did you install to a path with spaces? This may cause problems on some
systems. Try extracting to a very simple local path like c:\test (may even be
on a thumb drive), and see if this makes a difference.
2) A reboot might help.

>      I'll press on for the moment and see if all that was needed was
> patience.

To clarify: I'm talking about something in the order of one minute on rather
weak computers. And the hard disk should be busy during that time.

BTW, which version of Windows is this?