[rkward-devel] RKWard problem

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Mar 14 10:21:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm not sure, whether your message to the list got filtered, accidentally, or
if delivery is simply delayed. In the first case: Sorry. We use moderation
only to filter out spam mails.

On Friday 14 March 2014 20:13:12 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I'm trying to get up and running with RKWard.  I've downloaded the
> Windows package for rkward-0.6.1 and unpacked it.  When I try to run
> RKWard.exe I get an error message saying that the path to
> D:\disrib\RKWard\KDE\bin\rkward.exe can't be found.  No surprises
> there.  When I go to RKWard\KDE\bin\rkward.exe where I've extracted it,
> though, a dark DOS-like window comes up for a second or two and then
> disappears...and nothing happens.
>      If, as an experiment, I try to run rkward.frontend.exe, the
> application appears to begin as I expect it might, but I immediately get
> a message which begins "Backend process has exited with code 1073741515...".
> Can you point me to a FAQ which will help me sort out what I'm doing
> incorrectly?

Starting RKWard for the first time in a session can be pretty slow, and in
fact, even more so the very first time you start RKWard after installing. So
make sure you don't give up too early. Subsequent starts should be much
faster.

I'll make a note to provide some sort of status feedback in a later version.

If nothing else helps, try running RKWard\KDE\bin\rkward.bat, instead.

Let us know, if problems persist.