[rkward-devel] import/export CSV
thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Dec 1 10:12:48 UTC 2014
On Sunday 30 November 2014 23:19:48 meik michalke wrote:
> as promised, i completely re-wrote the "export tabular data" dialog. it's
> attached[*] as a pre-built plugin package so you can check it out (it also
> includes the rkwarddev script used to build it).
ok, some first comments, below. Minor stuff, only.
> it defaults to custom file format at the moment -- CSV or CSV2 could be
> better choices, but this deactivates some elements and could confuse some
> people, couldn't it?
See my last mail. I think defaulting to CSV (_not_ CVS2!) would be sensible.
- Why is the "append" option controlled by the predefined format?
- Uncommenting arguments, that do not apply, is a nifty idea, but does come
with some drawbacks:
- Bloats the generated code
- Seems to suggest that these _could_ be customized for write.csv(2).
However, the R help says: "append, col.names, sep, dec and qmethod cannot be
altered." I'd suggest stripping these.
- Remove the "data.frame"-warning (see my last mail).
- For encoding specification, import_spss and import_stata share some code
(currently in the form of a <snippet>. It might make sense to turn this into
an embeddable plugin, and use it.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 181 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Rkward-devel