[rkward-devel] first draft/proposal: new graphics devices section

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Oct 13 19:50:33 UTC 2013

hi,

Am Sonntag, 13. Oktober 2013, 15:25:58 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> On Monday 07 October 2013 18:20:38 Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> > That's interesting, but in the end I'm not sure this is really a good
> > idea.
>
> Only a very short (and vague) feedback: It could simply be an optional
> feature.

yes, i thought so as well. it should not replace the current behaviour, but
become an additional option. you can already attach the graphics device, but
it becomes a tab in the upper section, which i find not so useful.

an alternative would be to make the editor section splitable, like kate does.
but propotion-wise i'd prefer the suggested placing. splitable editor sections
would be nice to have anyway ;-)

> In fact, now that we have our own "RK" device, we could even easily
> have a sort of combination of both: A more "preview"-like tool window which
> helps keep an overview of all current plots, and stand-alone windows to
> work with a single plot.

it would be cool to have an overview toggle for the complete current plot
history :-) but i'd prefer to have it as a general feature in the device and
still be able to decide whether i want it detached or as part of the main
window.