[rkward-devel] Rkward windows- suggestion of bat files modifications to have invisible dos window

Julien Martin julien.ga.martin at gmail.com
Fri May 10 15:58:33 UTC 2013

Hi
I am not a developer and don't really know how to submit modification or
suggestions.
I use Rkward on both linux and windows.
Under windows 7, I was really bothered by the popping Dos window that is
useless and that does not close when you close Rkward.
So I modify the bat file that is used to run Rkward to eliminate the dos
window without using any third party apps.
I think those modifications should be easy to implement in the installer for
windows but I don't have the knowledge to do so.
The two modifications I have done are
Adding start /l when initializing KDE
Changing %RKWARD.BIN% for  "start %RKWARD.BIN%" when starting Rkward

I pasted the new bat.file below with modifications in bold.

Hope this help
Julien

@ECHO off
REM Wrapper script to start RKWard.
REM If the *first* parameter is "--debugger", run through the specified
debugger

REM ATTENTION: The SET R_BINARY=... line should remain on line number 10 of
this script.
REM This is where the NSIS installer assumes to find it.

SET R_BINARY=C:\Program Files\R\r-3.0.0\bin\R.exe

REM Explicit initialization of KDE, in case Windows 7 asks for admin
priviledges
ECHO Initializing KDE
start /l %~dsp0\kdeinit4.exe

ECHO Start Rkward
SET RKWARD.BIN=%~dsp0\rkward.frontend.exe
SET RKWARD_ENSURE_PREFIX=%~dsp0\..
SET PATH=%~dsp0;%PATH%
SET DEBUGGER=

IF NOT "%1" == "--debugger" GOTO run
REM else:
SHIFT
SET DEBUGGER=%~s1
SHIFT

:run
CALL "%R_BINARY%" CMD %DEBUGGER% "start %RKWARD.BIN%" %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7
%8 %9