[rkward-devel] Trouble loading packages on the Mac

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Mar 15 12:17:37 UTC 2013

hi,

Am Donnerstag, 14. März 2013, 19:25:10 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> I did not find the time to try with CRAN R, yet. Perhaps there is some extra
> binary or command line option for running from a terminal.

could be:

<snip>
:info:configure -- Using R at /Applications/R.app/Contents/MacOS/R
</snip>

looks like it uses R.app instead of plain R, which would be /usr/bin/R?

> The new cmake option is -DUSE_BINARY_PACKAGES=1 to make binary packages the
> default on MacOS. Without this, the default is reverted to building source
> packages.

great :-)

> Having the config option means we can still try to sort it all out without
> hurry, after the release.

i'll add a "binary" variant to the portfile. you can then install RKWard with
the binary default by simply calling

 sudo port install rkward-devel +binary

(i have two important meetings next monday, so i'm a bit short of time right
now.)

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf