[rkward-devel] Subset plugin; Release plans

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Mar 13 16:38:01 UTC 2013

Hi Meik,

On Tuesday 12 March 2013, meik michalke wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 12. März 2013, 12:58:00 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > Meik, do you have some time to work on the plugin, over the next week or
> > so?
>
> i'm not sure -- amongst various other things, there's a conference in
> vienna in two weeks and i need to prepare for a talk. i sure can squeeze
> in an hour here or there, but i can't promise anything just right now...

ok. I have started doing some work on it. Since I've started using 0.6.1-
functionality, and since this is targetted at inclusion in the release, I've
placed the generator script in plugins/rkwarddev_scripts/.

Well, this is my first "serious" venture into rkwarddev. My resume so far is
that I kind of like it for generating the plugin .XML. However for generating
non-trivial .js, the extra language layer is making things more confusing, not
less. Not sure, whether/how this could be improved (and that's for another
day, anyway).

I guess, if I continue working on the plugin, I'll go back to manual editing,
after all. (Blunt attempt to threaten you into do the work, instead ;-))