[rkward-devel] Painting / plotting doesn't work properly

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Mar 10 16:28:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sunday 10 March 2013, Friedrich Kröner wrote:
> I don't know exactly what might have broken plotting for me. But neither
> 0.6.0 nor svn paint properly. I always need to resize the window to have
> the content repainted and visible. So, while cycling through the plots it
> requires me to always resize the window to have its content updated.
>
> I wonder what might have broken this, since I remember I did work in the
> past. Maybe an ugprade to Qt or KDE is responsible for this behavior or
> some configuration problem? (though I deleted all the configs already)

plotting issues are often specific to the platform, and / or versions of the
libraries, involved. So it would really be useful to have info on that. The
easiest way to provide all relevant version info is by pasting the output of
   rk.sessionInfo()
.

In addition it might be useful to know which window manager you are using.

> I hope you can give me a hint on what to try.

One thing to try might be changing Settings->Configure RKWard->Onscreen
Graphics->Default width/height.