[rkward-devel] [rkward-cvs] SF.net SVN: rkward-code:[4572] branches/external_plugins/rk.subset/inst/ rkward/rkwarddev_plugin_script.R

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Mar 9 13:01:19 UTC 2013

Hi Meik,

On Saturday 09 March 2013, meik michalke wrote:
> Am Freitag, 8. März 2013, 12:25:20 schrieb tfry at users.sf.net:
> > Adjust for boolean properties (here: visible) being returned as bool.
> > For clarity also specify getBoolean() as getter.
>
> getBoolean() does require RKWard >= 0.6.0, doesn't it? i'll adjust the
> requirements of the plugin then.

Oh. Actually RKWard > 0.6.0. I simply had not thought of this. I've changed it
to a different solution, now, which should be both backwards and forwards
compatible.

While starting to look at the subset plugin (one of the things still on the
list for 0.6.1), I found it was broken by this change:
  http://www.mail-archive.com/rkward-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01940.html
(and it seems, in that mail, I forgot to mention the "visible" and "enabled"
properties, which are also booleans).

> if it's ok for all external plugins to require at least 0.6.0, i'd toggle
> the "guess.getter" switch in all of them, so they'll try to use the newer
> getter functions automatically.

Again, this would be RKWard > 0.6.0, and so anything the like should
definitely wait. I simply wasn't thinking.