[rkward-devel] t-Tests different in Mac and Windows/Linux versions...

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Wed Jan 9 12:24:57 UTC 2013

hi aaron,

Am Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2013, 20:37:48 schrieb Aaron Batty:
> On the Mac, going to Analysis → Means → t-Tests leads to the "t-Test" entry,
> which opens an analysis setup window from which you can choose one-sample or
> two-sample tests (or paired). However, on both Windows and Linux, that leads
> to an entry called "Two-variable t-test", which only allows two-
> sample/paired t-tests.
>
> This is on both versions 0.5.7 and 0.6.

hm, i cannot confirm this on my linux installations -- they all show the same
dialog as the mac version. i didn't check the windows bundle, because i only
have limited access to windows machines, but actually i would find it strange
there, too.

> I'm very surprised to find this, and I don't see anything in the package
> manager that seems to be different... Any ideas?

as a hunch, could it be that parts of an old installation were not copletely
removed? however, this shouldn't happen on linux if RKWard was installed using
the package manager of the particular distribution.

can you open
  settings -> configure RKWard -> plugins
and check the configured .pluginmap files? they're the ones that define which
dialogs appear in the menus.

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf