[rkward-devel] Plugin development: New JS-functions getString()/getBoolean()/getList()

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Feb 25 21:52:57 UTC 2013

hi,

Am Dienstag, 4. Dezember 2012, 19:11:49 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> - getList()
> getList() is an entirely new function, which will return an Array of
> strings  (if possible). There are only a few use-cases of this, so far. The
> first is getting a list of objects from <varslot>s with multi="true".
> Another is the fetching columns from the new <matrix>-element, that is new
> in the development version. A third is the new <optionset>-element, which I
> will write about, soon. The advantages of getList() over using getValue()
> (or getString()), and then splitting by newlines, should be obvious.

i've managed to get to the point where rkwarddev "detects" optionsets and
automatically adds JavaScript variables for each optionscolumn accordingly. i
also just added some more magic to be able to .join() the arrays into
something useful, by the new function join().

but i was wondering if there's already an nice way to turn the columnwise
approach into rowwise results? i've just implemented my first optionset in the
skeleton plugin of rkwarddev (only in the script version, as of now, i'm just
testing), and noticed i'd rather have the values row by row. if there's
nothing yet, i'll maybe try to add some function to rkwarddev that takes a
full optionset and turns its values into a data.frame. or something similar...