[rkward-devel] Dependencies and 'about' information for plugins

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 20 16:32:37 UTC 2013

Ok, next:

On Saturday 16 February 2013, meik michalke wrote:
>   - rk.XML.matrix()

Works expect for horiz_headers / vert_headers. Try
  rk.XML.matrix ("test", vert_headers=c ("a", "b"))

>   - rk.XML.dependencies()
>   - rk.XML.dependency_check()

These look ok to me. I wonder if rk.XML.dependency_check() could be made to
rely on rk.XML.dependencies, instead of duplicating the code? After all, the
only differences are the tag name, and that it adds an id.

At first I tried testing those from the plugin_skeleton plugin (Export->Create
RKWard plugin skeleton). For this, I got a warning about having <dependencies>
inside <about> (but the fallback worked fine). Further, I got

  Error in check.deps.pckg & ((isTRUE(suggest) & identical(mode, "suggest")) |
:
    operations are possible only for numeric, logical or complex types
    Calls: local ... rk.plugin.skeleton -> data.frame -> XML2dependencies

which I have not tried debugging (but the plugin files seem to be generated
alright).