[rkward-devel] Dependencies and 'about' information for plugins

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Feb 4 19:31:21 UTC 2013

hi,

Am Montag, 4. Februar 2013, 19:13:32 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> As a quick reference for what will need to be covered in rkwarddev:
> - <dependencies> is a direct child of <document>, not of <about>. It can
> also  be specified per <component>

oops, this will take some time, as it will require changes in several parts of
rkwarddev. it will also break backwards compatibility, previous scripts will
have to be changed (e.g., the "dependencies", "package" and "pluginmap"
arguments of rk.XML.about() need to be transformed into a function of its
own).

> - <require> gains a new parameter "map", for including plugin maps from
> different packages
> - new element <dependency_check> for providing more compatiblity inside
> plugins

> - new parameter "priority" in the <document> element of .pluginmap files.
> Controls whether newly installed pluginmaps will be activated by default.

ok, that shouldn't be too hard.

> - Contrary to what the documentation may have suggested, before, it is a
> good  idea to set the "namespace" of .pluginmaps to something unique,
> instead of "rkward". At least, if you want to make it possbile for others
> to <require> your .pluginmaps.

i will look into it. i'm not sure if this also requires rather complex
internal changes. currently, the namespace "rkward" is hardwired in
rk.XML.pluginmap().

well, the package needs a function for the new matrix element anyway. i hope
it won't take me too long. i'll probably write some proper "get" and "is"
methods for the XiMpLe package first, to get rid of some ugly passages in the
rkwarddev code, while i'm at it.

btw, XiMpLe and roxyPackage are on CRAN now, did i mention that?