[rkward-devel] reward feedback

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Apr 27 06:06:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Friday 26 April 2013 22:45:33 Spencer Stang wrote:
> Just load rkward on my mac (latest OS, newer MacBook Pro). As soon as I
> opened it I got the following message.
>
> R Engine has died
>
> Backend process has exited with code 0

this means, the R backend could not be started at all (we'll have to work on
giving a better error message, obviously). The most common cause is one of:

- You installed one of the bundles at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkwardextras/files/MacOSX/needs_CRAN_R/
  but did not install R, first (Meik, would it be possible to include a check
  for this in the .dmg?).
- You installed a version of RKWard that requires R 3.0.0, but installed R
  2.15.x, or vice versa.

Please double check this, first. If problems persist after that, ask again.