[rkward-devel] shiny in RKWard

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Apr 21 11:04:25 UTC 2013

hi thomas,

Am Sonntag, 21. April 2013, 08:49:35 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > it would be cool if shiny apps could run RKWard's tabs. in fact, it's
> > already opened in one by default, but so far i didn't get any results to
> > show up. however, the above test app works in konqueror, so it's probably
> > just a matter of configuration. does anyone have any ideas?
>
> hm, sounds like it. But you're one step ahead of me. Here, the example runs
> ok  when I set
>   options (browser="firefox")
> but not with
>   options (browser="konqueror")

oh, i didn't mean the examples in the package -- those only run in firefox for
me, too. i was referring to the example embedded here on the landing page:
 o http://www.rstudio.com/shiny/
which takes a moment to load, but then seems to run just fine, in firefox,
konqueror (khtml) and rekonq (webkit). 4.10.2, i might add.

i also tried the latest development snapshot from github, still doesn't work.

hm, could this be a limitation in R's webserver? i'll try to set up a local
shiny server and see if that helps (but it still wouldn't run in RKWard,
then).