[rkward-devel] shiny in RKWard

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sun Apr 21 06:49:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Sunday 21 April 2013 01:28:28 meik michalke wrote:
> i've been playing around with the shiny package a bit:
>  o http://www.rstudio.com/shiny/
>
> it would be cool if shiny apps could run RKWard's tabs. in fact, it's
> already opened in one by default, but so far i didn't get any results to
> show up. however, the above test app works in konqueror, so it's probably
> just a matter of configuration. does anyone have any ideas?

hm, sounds like it. But you're one step ahead of me. Here, the example runs ok
when I set
  options (browser="firefox")
but not with
  options (browser="konqueror")
or in RKWard's tabs. KHTML vs webkit as rendering engine in konqueror does not
see to make a difference (at least not on it's own).

When enabling the Javascript debugger (in an external konqueror), I get
"[...]shiny.js line 405 ReferenceError: Can't find variable: WebSocket"

When using webkit as rendering engine, I do not see this error message
(although I'm not too sure, the setting actually applies in this case), but no
result either.

What does everybody else see? Konqueror 4.9.5, here.