[rkward-devel] failing tests

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Sep 24 17:07:38 UTC 2012

Hi!

On Friday 21 September 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> so far no clue what this tells me:
> <active_binding.messages.txt>

Well, I really don't know why this test fails, but it has been for quite a
while, already. And in fact, the functionality that it is supposed to test
works correctly. So this is really just a problem of the test, and nothing to
worry about too much.

> <import_spss.messages.txt>
> <import_stata.messages.txt>

Both work fine, here. At least for SPSS it looks like the test file could not
be read at all:

>  [2] "< Error in read.spss(\"import_export_plugins_testfile.sav\",
> to.data.frame = TRUE,  : "
>  [3] "<   error reading system-file header"

That's not really the plugin's fault, though I wonder why it doesn't work for
you. The testfiles were specifically designed to cover some potential problems
such as special characters in the variable names, but so far they were
running the generated commands from the .rkcommands file, and try to pin down
the point of failure from that.

> this is probably not so serious:
> <load_source.messages.txt>

Since all the plugin does is calling source(), I guess this will be fixed in R
itself, soonishly.