[rkward-devel] quantal

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Oct 30 18:51:03 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Tuesday 30 October 2012, stfs wrote:
> I have two different issues with two different versions of rkward:
>
> Issue 1: rkward in the repository:
> Recently rkward from the repositories started to give an error on startup
> "The rkward R-library could not be loaded at all, or not in the correct
> version.". If I continue it will soon crash.

basic rule of thumb (sometimes you can get away without this, but often you
can't): If you're using an R version from CRAN, you can't use RKWard from the
normal repository. We have that covered on Ubuntu, though. See
https://launchpad.net/~rkward-devel . You should pick a variant marked "CRAN
version of R".

> It started about 3-4 weeks ago. I was extremely busy at the time and
> just hurried and installed the svn version (currently ver. 4398) after
> removing the one from repository (synaptic "complete remove").
>
> Issue 2: compiled rkward trunk:
> the "configure shortcuts" menu is missing.

Likely an installation problem of sorts. Generally, the least error-prone
solution seems to be to use
  cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix`
which will install to /usr, rather than /usr/local.