[rkward-devel] [rkward-users] Select cases

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sat Oct 20 17:47:34 UTC 2012

hi,

am Freitag 19 Oktober 2012, 15:24:32 schrieb Rebel Tyrcus:
> > Admittedly, this is a blatantly obvious omission, but the sad fact is that
> > we don't have graphical support for subsetting, yet. I'll put it on the
> > feature plan for 0.6.1, though. Meanwhile, you could try to get by using
> > Data->Sort, and then copy-and-paste to select cases.
>
> Implementing that would be a great feature.

i've tried to come up with something hopefully useful. it's a first subsetting
plugin called "rk.subset", which is limited to data.frames and can also only
filter by variables which are a column in the selected data object. despite
these limitations, if nothing it can still hint you to how to use the subset()
function if you need more complex subsetting ;-)

to test it, go to "settings" -> "manage R packages" -> "install/update/remove"
and search/install the package "rk.subset". the new dialog will then be
available from RKWard's "data" menu.

let me know what you think of it!