[rkward-devel] Setting Factor Levels... Broken?

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Oct 2 09:39:04 UTC 2012

am Dienstag 02 Oktober 2012, 18:27:01 schrieb Aaron Batty:
> I have been trying to set levels for factor variables for awhile now, but
> they never seem to stick. I go into the window where you can define the
> levels, I enter them, I hit okay and... nothing. They aren't there.

i have something similar with the daily build on ubuntu:
 1. create new data set "my.data"
 2. set first column to "factor"
 3. edit the factor levels (i set 1: "one" and 2: "two")
 4. enter values 1 + 2 into column -- this looks alright here, but:
 5. in the R console:
    > my.data
       var var1 var2 var3 var4
    1 <NA>   NA   NA   NA   NA
    2 <NA>   NA   NA   NA   NA

    > str(my.data)
    'data.frame':	2 obs. of  5 variables:
     $ var : Factor w/ 2 levels "one","two": NA NA
      ..- attr(*, ".rk.invalid.fields")= list()
     $ var1: num  NA NA
     $ var2: num  NA NA
     $ var3: num  NA NA
     $ var4: num  NA NA