[rkward-devel] Thank you for RKWard

Eric Doviak eric at doviak.net
Tue Nov 6 15:05:51 UTC 2012

Dear Thomas and the RKWard developers and contibutors,

I have been a fan of RKWard for a since the 0.4.x releases. It was clear
back then that you were producing the best environment for R, but I
could never convince my students to use RKWard because it only ran on
GNU/Linux systems. And we struggled because other IDEs simply do not
stimulate their interest in statistical programming.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of watching econometrics come alive as one
of my students explored RKWard on her MS Windows laptop. As she compared
one of my R scripts to the tools that you developed, she began to see
how the concepts that I discuss in class can be applied in a practical
environment. And her eyes lit up.

She became confident in herself. She knew that RKWard would help her
complete the course assignment. At the end of our session, she asked if
she could install RKWard at work.

Thanks to your efforts millions of people will now be able to take their
learning to the workplace.

That's an amazing achievement. Congratulations!

Eric Doviak
Asst. Professor, Economics
Brooklyn College