[rkward-devel] Windows bundle error

Annabel and Sandy Elliott annabelsandy at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Nov 6 06:12:41 UTC 2012

Hi
I have just installed "C:\Apps\RKWard-0.6.0_R-2.15.1_KDE-4.8.0_bundle
(1).exe" to C:\Apps with admin privileges on win7 64 bit and noticed a
couple of odd things with the install
- it calls for a plugin map, gave an error. I did manage to point the
setup option to the correct map file, but I guess this is a problem with
the bundle?
- the desktop shortcut did not show up on the desktop. The shortcut that
was in rkward folder had the wrong file name, and also the wrong icon.

Odd, because I might have installed this OK on another machine and don't
recall the problems. Possibly I was over-writing in that installation so
some of the files remained?

I'm up and running now, but this could be disconcerting to new users.
Cheers,
Sandy