[rkward-devel] compression in save object dialog

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Mar 4 14:10:23 UTC 2012

hi,

please check out the save object dialog in SVN (should already be in the daily
builds):
 file -> export -> save objects as R data

previously, it had a checkbox for compression, now it lets you chose between
gzip/bzip2/xz, set the compression level and toggle the "extreme" (-e) feature
for xz compression.[*]

bzip2 and xz compression were introduced with R >= 2.10. if you like this
change to the save object dialog, should we lift the minimum R requirements
for RKWard from 2.9 to 2.10?

viele grüße :: m.eik

[*] i looked into this after running "R CMD check" on one of my packages
nagged me that there's much better compression available for the included data
objects. to publish packages on CRAN you are asked to use good compression.