[rkward-devel] crashing bug and RKWard problems on Mac

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Jun 29 15:40:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Friday 29 June 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> a colleague of mine ran into some problems with the mac bundle. i can
> confirm that the right-click over "CD to script directory" crash also
> happens on my linux desktops!

I don't currently get around to investigate anything (hope this will improve
again, soon). From reading the report, it really looks to me, like the missing
mime-type info is the root cause of all the non-minor bugs, here. Probably an
installation issue? If you have some time, perhaps you can try to talk your
colleague through this, possibly as simple as following the advice in the
first error message.

The right-click issue was already reported a while ago. This one seems to be a
kdelibs bug, introduced in KDE 4.8. I intend to give that a look, soon.

Did not look at the saving / restoring workspace issue, yet. As a general
piece of advice, the functions rk.save.workplace() and rk.restore.workplace()
are probably worth a look to anybody who is not happy with the default "save
workplace with the workspace"-option.