[rkward-devel] Fwd: Rkward warning about too long lines

Johannes Fichtinger newsletter at fichtinger.org
Tue Jul 17 11:56:50 UTC 2012

Hi

Forwarding my previous email from rkward-users to -devel. Hopefully someone
can help with this issue here:

I am using rkward for almost all of my research projects happily and
successfully. However, after a recent update to KDE 4.8.4 in Debian SID using
rkward 0.5.7, I sometimes get this warning:

“The file /home/.../file.r was opened and contained too long lines (more than
1,024 characters). Too long lines were wrapped and the document is set to
read-only mode, as saving will modify its content.”

I understand that there is a setting in Settings --> Configure Editor -->
Open/Save --> Line Length Limit which is set to 1.024 by default. Setting this
to 0 should prevent that line length check.

However, it seems that on my machine this setting (line length limit = 0) is
not saved when I close and reopen rkward.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Best Wishes
Johannes Fichtinger