[rkward-devel] ML text

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 3 08:53:08 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Monday 02 January 2012, meik michalke wrote:
> and a happy new year to you all :-)

thanks! Happy new year, too.

> i'm under the impression that lately more and more bug reports are coming
> (which is nice) that miss basic information, like the version number of
> RKWard or the OS (which is not so good).
>
> so, how about adding a short note to the description text on the
> rkward-devel ML info page, like "in case you want to submit a <b>bug
> report</b>, please append the output of the command
> <b>rk.sessionInfo()</b> to your mail"?

Done that. Actually I doubt most people will read the description, though.
Probably, instead, we should
1. Have a generic page on reporting bugs in the wiki. This would include all
sorts of advice, too, such as trying hard to provide reproducable examples, to
try to reproduce problems in a plain R session, etc.
2. Change most applicable dialogs to point to that page, instead of the
mailing list, directly.

You don't feel like making a start on 1), by chance?