[rkward-devel] GUI element for nxn matrix

Birk Diedenhofen mail at birkdiedenhofen.de
Wed Aug 29 11:20:38 UTC 2012

Hi!

I thought it would be great to have a GUI element in RKWard that allows to
enter a nxn matrix: First, n has to be specified. Then the user can type his
or her data in a simple table with n rows and n columns. Finally, a matrix is
created from that.

The matrix GUI element could be used in RKWard dialogs to facilitate the
input, especially for inexperienced users who don't know how to create a
matrix. At least, I have two dialogs under development that would benefit from
such an element ;).

What do you think? How much effort would it take to implement such an element?
I am sure Qt provides simple tables for this purpose. The dimensions of the
table must then somehow be manipulated via JavaScript.

Regards,
Birk