[rkward-devel] New Mac .dmg installer: Success on 10.7 and 10.8

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu Aug 23 07:27:00 UTC 2012

hi,

am Donnerstag 23 August 2012, 13:58:06 schrieb Aaron Batty:
> I have installed RKWard 0.5.7 on both a 10.7 and a 10.8 VM without issue.

just to be sure: does this mean that the automatic postinstall steps work,
i.e., you simply klick through the installer and don't have to manually run
the launchctl/update-mime-database commands any longer? that would be awesome.

it took me days to find out how scripts can be added to Mac packages, and then
how that could possibly be combined with MacPorts.

> BTW, with the previous installer, I installed on VMs, and one each (10.7
> and 10.8) on real computers. No errors, and I was able to do all the
> analyses I will need for the class I'm teaching.

with or without the manual steps? there is actually not so much difference
between the two installers, it's basically the postinstall configuration which
should run automatically now.

> The only POSSIBLE issue is that I had to manually refresh the output on the
> 10.7 install with the new .dmg to see the results. This is a very minor
> problem, if it's even reproducible, so I'm not worried.

thanks for the note, i'll have to examine that.