[rkward-devel] Success: Installation with precompiled .dmg on MacOS 10.8

Aaron Batty abatty at sfc.keio.ac.jp
Wed Aug 22 23:37:26 UTC 2012

> [are you the same person with the t-test question in the forum? if so, i'd
> rather continue that discussion here on the list as well, if that's ok?]

That is indeed me. I realized the discussion must be happening here instead
of the forums.

> here's a new bundle package of RKWard for Mac OS X:
>  o http://sourceforge.net/projects/rkwardextras/files/MacOSX/

On the one hand, I'm very happy that this is ready!

On the other hand, I just got done writing a how-to article for the small
language testing journal I run, as well as, course materials and doing
screencasts for a class I'm teaching next semester, with the old one. I
thought I was done...

But if it works, then editing all of that will be easy. I'll have to re-do
the screencast though...

My problem; not yours; thank you for your efforts.

Okay, I'll revert my MacOS VMs and give this new one a shot and report
back.

BTW, I think you should be able to run Mac VMs on any VMware installation.
They might need to be made on a Mac first, though... Unfortunately, I
switched from VMware to Parallels a couple years ago when the speed
differences on the Mac were too large to ignore.

At any rate, I'd be happy to test these out for you; as I mentioned on the
forums, I'm making my students (university) use RKWard for their stats
class. Because of this materials-creation project, I now have VMs for MacOS
10.6 (which was tricky), 10.7, and 10.8. That should basically cover
everything. I don't think many people are still using 10.5.

I'll report back later today about the new installer.