[rkward-devel] first RKWard enhancer on CRAN

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Sep 9 07:53:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Thursday 01 September 2011, meik michalke wrote:
> just to let you know, the first package which "enhances" RKWard by
> providing a plugin hit CRAN today:
>  o http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/klausuR/index.html

nice. For those, who install this package after an "svn up", the provided
plugin will be added, automatically, now.

Note: Automatic installation is only done, if RKWard determines the pluginmap
is "new". This is so users can still disable any pluginmaps they do not want,
whithout having them re-added behind their back. Therefore, Meik, if you want
to see this, de-select the plugin map, first, then do "svn up", then start
RKWard. Uninstalling and re-installing the klausuR package should work, too.

So basically, what we still need is:
1) Updated documentation on how to package RKWard plugins
2) A repository for RKWard plugins packages which should not (yet) go to CRAN
for whatever reason (as a drop-in replacement for the current GHNS repository)
3) Ideally a better UI for selecting active plugin maps, where all known
pluginmaps are listed, and users can click checkboxes to select the ones that
should be active. (And meta-information on the pluginmaps is shown).

Meik, can you take care of 1 and 2? Then the current GHNS-based solution would
in fact be pretty much obsolete. I guess, 3 will be my responsibility,
although I probably will not give it high priority, ATM.