[rkward-devel] ANOVA plugin

meik michalke meik.michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Sun Oct 23 10:15:16 UTC 2011

hi,

Am Samstag, 22. Oktober 2011, 20:15:25 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> I would say it depends on whether you can use _some_ of the provided plugins
> without having ez installed. If yes, then it's probably a good idea to
> postpone the actual installation. If no, then it will save users some steps,
> if the dependency is already pulled in at installation time.

with the current solution (in rkwarddev) it's up to the plugin author, but
"suggest only" is the default. in effect, if you use
install.packages(dependencies=TRUE), it will also fetch suggested packages. so
this method will leave it up to the user to decide whether he/she wants
everything at once or later. this seems to me like the most user friendly
approach.

> "rk.*" probably makes sense, and is consistent with our function-naming.

ok, seemed like the obviuos choice to me, too.

i'm working on support for previev()/doPrintout() in rkwarddev at the moment
(should work in svn already, see rk.JS.doc(), but there's still some bug in
the automatic hierarchy/menu/entry generation if hierarchy=list("plots") i'm
hoping to squash during the next train ride, later today...). rk.ANOVA will
then gain a dialog for interaction plots.

also, i added rk.comment(). the resulting object will automatically be
transformed into a JS or XML comment, depending on the context it's used in,
or become CDATA if used in the <logic> section (for JS logic scripting).

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf
  geb"aude 23.03.00.26
  universit"atsstr. 1
  d-40225 d"usseldorf