[rkward-devel] ANOVA plugin

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Sat Oct 22 18:15:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Friday 21 October 2011, meik michalke wrote:

>  - would it be a better solution to split things into smaller entities,
> i.e. separate the ANOVA from the t-tests and have two plugins (rk.ANOVA
> could still draw in the other as a dependency)?
>
>  - should plugin requirements better be handled as package suggestions (not
>    dependencies)? ez really needs a few other packages, but we could
> postpone the actual installation "RKWard-like" to the moment when you're
> actually running a dialog for the first time. that way, you could have a
> quick look at new plugins without installing everything it could probably
> use.

I don't think there is a universal answer to these questions. But starting
with the second question, I would say it depends on whether you can use _some_
of the provided plugins without having ez installed. If yes, then it's
probably a good idea to postpone the actual installation. If no, then it will
save users some steps, if the dependency is already pulled in at installation
time. I guess a "quick look" would generally include trying to run the plugin.

>  - should we recommend some sort of naming scheme for pure plugin packages,
>    so they're easier to recognize in the R libs directory? i used "rk.*" on
>    this one, but it could also be "RKWard.*", "Rk*" "rkward*" or whatever.

"rk.*" probably makes sense, and is consistent with our function-naming.

> Am Freitag, 21. Oktober 2011, 12:27:23 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> > ANOVA:
> > - The "Data" varslot could be made to default to the current data.frame
>
> cool, done. "current_object" is only mentioned as an example in the docs,
> isn't it?

There is a - short - section on it. help:/rkwardplugins/current_object.html