[rkward-devel] rkward on mac

meik michalke Meik.Michalke at uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Nov 29 16:04:51 UTC 2011

hi,

Am Montag, 28. November 2011, 16:15:02 schrieb Thomas Friedrichsmeier:
> No idea. But at least in the definition of KDE4_ADD_EXECUTABLE, Q_WS_MAC is
> used, too, to control creation of a BUNDLE (at least as far as I understand
> it), rather than APPLE.

ok, i changed that now. i also improved the Portfile a little. and i rebuilt
and installed everything to a custom target directory, /opt/rkward. this time
the complete build finished without any errors in between, so "sudo port -v
install rkward" is all you need. and some hours of time...

in the process, i learned some more lessons: the environment variable LANG is
not globally exported for a user, although it's set in terminal sessions. in
particular, the rkward script won't find it, hence you'll get the KDE
applications in english when started from the dock/finder; if you run the
start script from a terminal you'll get it in your preferred language. a
solution to that is to once set LANG via "launchctl", e.g. for german:

 launchctl setenv LANG de_DE.UTF-8

i noticed that, when started without LANG set accordingly, RKWards settings
menu was missing the "configure R packages" entry! this was reproducable
reliably; once i ran the script from a terminal *or* set LANG manually in the
start script, the entry was present.

  heinrich-heine-universit"at d"usseldorf